Thursday, July 15, 2010

Postage Increases

So I am doing a lot of research for one of my clients, Action Mail, who is involved in the direct mail business. Apparently we are up for another postage increase. This has many marketers in an uproar! "What! Another increase? What will this do to my marketing campaigns? What will this do to my business?" Seriously people? Quit your whining! Increases are not going to go away. The Postal Service is loosing money due to increase of internet usage. Just as you need to increase business or increase prices, so does the USPS. What it comes down to is marketing smarter (see my blog posting "How to Market Smart"). Maybe you need to develop a more creative marketing campaign with specific targeting. When was the last time you purged your database? It's time to think outside the box! Look at postage increases in a positive light: maybe this is what you need to be creative in how you reach your customers.

Share your thoughts with me. Are you up-in-arms about this postage increase or do you plan to use it to develop something better for your business? How do you plan to market smart?

No comments:

Post a Comment