Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fulfillment: A Job for Everybody

I work at a preschool which brings with it, a lot of paperwork. Although we are year-a-round, our school year officially begins in September along with most other school districts. Prior to September, our school is a bustle of activity, preparing for the enrollment of new children. Teachers are scrubbing areas unscrubbed since the prior September, preparing cubbies for new children, and arranging activities for the coming school year.

The office, too, is working hard to prepare for returning and new enrolling students. One such preparation is sorting the enrollment paperwork into folders for easy hand-out. It's a tedious task, sorting, stacking, and stuffing these folders; one that is often passed off to the nearest lounging teacher. When somebody else is not fulfilling these enrollment packets, the back office a covered with paper, similar to a blanket of snow, but not as pretty.

I was thinking one day, while in observation of this craziness, what if we could hire somebody to do this for us? I mean, is it really necessary to to spend all this time stuffing packets when there is so much other work to accomplish, especially right in the middle of accreditation? So, I did my research and I am happy to report there ARE places you can hire to stuff packets for you. It's called Fulfillment. It's one of the many jobs companies that deal with direct mail and marketing services offer. Not only do these companies stuff folders and packets for you, but they store the supplies as well. It doesn't matter if your packets include paperwork (i.e. enrollment information or benefit paperwork) or items such as pens, crayons, t-shirts, etc...they can store and package it. This made me think of the other times I receive folders of information. As a preschool teacher, we attend seminars several times a year. Each time we do we receive a packet of information which sometimes includes crazy items like bubbles and playdough. Yep, they do that too!

Direct Mail companies are all over the U.S. The particular company I discovered and researched can be found locally for me right in Escondido, CA. Action Mail has been around for several years specializing in services such as Fulfillment, Direct Mail, Printing (including Laser Printing), and Mailing List Management. Ron Lazarus and his Action Mail team were very helpful in talking to me about Fulfillment and how it could help my preschool and the corporation who purchased us. If only I had the power to give them our business I would, but all I can do is pass on their information to my district director and hope for the best. As for you people...contact them! They can be found online at http://www.themailbusiness.com/direct_mail_services Their phone number is listed on their website.

So what have I learned? Anything there is a job for, there is a job out there for everyone. Do you have a job that people would go, "Wow! There is a job for that?" Tell me about it! I'd love to know what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment